The Matsumae International Foundation in Japan is a non-government organization that offers fully-funded Fellowships to non-Japanese nationals to undertake research studies particularly in the fields of natural science, engineering and medicine, at any Japanese University.
The Research Fellowship is for 3 months to 6 months between April 2019 and March 2020. The deadline for applications to be received by the Matsumae International Foundation is Friday, 31st August 2018.
1. Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
2. Applicant must hold a recognizable Ph.D. degree, or be recognised by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
3. Applicants must be 49 years old or under at the time of applying.
4. Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese.
5. Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay i.e. sightseeing, conferences).
6. Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
7. Applicants must be of sound health to carry out research in Japan.
Applicants choosing study programmes with an emphasis on natural science, engineering and medicine.
For more information and to download the Application form please visit the website at http://www.mif-japan.org/fellowship/announcement/?hl=en