The Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC) through its Public Service Performance and Policy Division (PSPP) delivered a brief presentation on the Samoa Public Service Human Resource Management and Evaluation (SPS HRM) Report for FY2015/16, and FY2016/17 at the Human Resource Coordinators Forum.
The presentation highlighted major developments in analysing data from the Ministry Quarterly Reports (MQRs) for FY2015/16 and FY 2016/17, including a comprehensive comparative analysis on Human Resource Management components such as:
- Employees Statistics
- Recruitment and Selection
- Working Conditions and Entitlements
- Other Components of Human Resource Management
Taking into consideration all the issues raised in the two reports, the PSC has decided to take a more proactive approach by conducting support visits to each of the Ministries. The primary objective of these visits are to:
- Building better rapport between the PSC and Ministries
- Support and provide clarity on interpretation issues relating to the Working Conditions and Employment Manual 2015
- Support Corporate Services Division of each Ministries by capturing and alleviating internal Human Resource Management issue
- Ensure that Ministries are well equipped in managing functions that will be devolved from the PSC i.e. the counting of years of service.
The tentative dates for the support visits is scheduled for May 2018. The PSPP Division will inform all Ministries of the final schedule to avoid any overlaps with the PSC’s Compliance Monitoring and Evaluation visits, and ensure minimal disruption to the usual operations of the Ministries.