A 4 half days training on PRESENTATION SKILLS was held at the Conference Room of the Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC) on Monday 11th – 14th September 2017. The training targeted employees at officer and senior levels.
28 participants invited from the various Government Ministries and Corporations were trained in this skill with key themes including:
- Plan, prepare and deliver a presentation on a specific topic
- Presentation Structure
- Tips to deliver effective presentation
- Understand how to use visual aids in presentation
Most of the participants are employed at officer level and a few were senior and principal officers. These participants identified presentation skills as needed skills to help develop their confidence in presenting on certain topics to various group of audiences. Participants positively reflected on day 4 on lessons learnt such as:
- The skills and knowledge learn from the training has added value to participants presentation skills;
- The training allowed discussions to share experiences in delivering an effective presentation to various audiences;
- The training enabled participants to put into practice what they have learnt during the training;
- The training also allowed participants to create a network among themselves to share new skills on presentation
Ms. Tuanaina Taufao from the Samoa Life Assurance Corporation delivered the thank you speech on behalf of the participants. She acknowledged the Office of the Public Service Commission for the opportunity given allowing them to learn new knowledge and skills on planning, preparing, practice and presenting a presentation. She added with the new learning they retained they will apply it in performing their roles and responsibilities and will share it with their work colleagues.
The Training was conducted by Angela Palu-Phineas (Principal Training & Development Consultant) and Faafetai Vaevaina (Principal Human Resource and Planning Officer) of the Office of the Public Service Commission.
During certificate presentations, Ms. Sarona Esera-Filipo, ACEO for the Human Resource and Development Division at PSC, congratulates the participants and acknowledged their participation during the training. Again, she encouraged the participants to value the new learning and applied where necessary. She also reminded them that there will be a Tracer Study to follow up whether they have utilised the new knowledge and skills learned from the training.