The second goal of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) aims to “End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture. This will require adequate agricultural policies and introduction of appropriate technologies for stable food production.
To this end, human development in the field related to Agriculture and Rural Development Policy, Sustainable Agricultural Production, One Health, Marine Resources/Fishery Development, Food Value Chain, and Nature Conservation is a strategic area of cooperation between developing countries and Japan, taking advantage of wide knowledge/technologies accumulated in Japan’s universities.
Applicants are those who fulfill all of the following;
– belong to governmental organizations, universities and research centers, or related organization in private sector* ;
– engage in the field related to Agriculture and Rural Development Policy, Sustainable Agricultural Production, One Health, Marine Resources/Fishery Development, Food Value Chain, or Nature Conservation, and
– wish to contribute to own country’s development through cultivating strong network with Japan.
*Applicants from private sector should be from the field related to Agriculture and Rural Development Policy, Sustainable Agricultural Production, One Health, Marine Resources/Fishery Development, Food Value Chain, and Nature Conservation.
JICA’s Application Documents
(1) Application Form consists of:
1. Personal Information
2. Education Background
3. Present Organization and Nomination
4. Work Experience
5. Medical History
7. Check List
8. Score of English examination (if you have)
9. Annex1: Declaration of desired university placement
Applicants select desired university from Appendix 1 University List. Each applicant can select one (1) university according to his/her priority. Note: Applicant cannot select other universities not written in the List.
10. Annex2: Research Plan
11. Annex3: Details of Current and Previous Work
12. Annex4: Career Plan after Graduation
(2) Undergraduate degree graduation certificate that officially certified. * A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable * Written in English or accompanied with English official translation
(3) Academic transcript * Must contain all the grades earned in the university. * A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable * Written in English or accompanied with English official translation
(4) A copy of Valid Passport with photo (for checking nationality, name, sex, and date of birth). Valid National ID and birth certificate are acceptable if you do not have Passport. Certified English translation must be attached if ID is not written in English, French, Portuguese or Spanish)
(5) 2 ID Photos (4 cm×3 cm) pasted on application form (Original and copy).
(6) Health certificate to be submitted after the 3rd Selection
All these documents should be typed, printed out and signed by the applicant in all pages, Hand written forms will NOT be accepted. The applicants should submit two sets of these documents (Original and copy). Additionally, (1) Annex 1: Declaration of desired university placement should be sent in digital form to JICA country office.
Interested applicants MUST contact JICA Samoa Office by telephone 22572 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an Application Form and related documents or can download from the PSC website.
General Information for All Applicants
Annex1 Declaration of Desired University Placement 2021
Annex 2_3_4 Research Plan
Deadline: 11th November 2020