The Office of the Public Service Commission has completed the recruitment and selection of the 6 out of eight 8 Chief Executive Officer Positions due in 2015. As per F.K (15) Faapitoa 16 of 11 November 2015 the following appointments were made:
- Ministry of the Prime Minister and Cabinet: Agafili Shem Leo
- Ministry for Revenue: Avalisa Viali-Fautuaalii
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Peseta Noumea Simi
- Ministry of Works, Transport and Infrastructure: Sua Poumulinuku Onesemo
- Ministry of Finance: Lavea Tupaimatuna Iulai Lavea
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology: Tuaimalo Asamu Ah Sam.
From these appointments, there were four (4) new appointees and 2 re-appointments of previous incumbents. These 6 Chief Executive positions were advertised in August 2015 and the successful appointees are anticipated to commence in January 2016.
The remaining 2 positions undergoing the recruitment and selection process are Chief Executives for MESC and MJCA. The interviews for both positions have been completed and are currently awaiting Cabinet’s decision on appointments.
The Commission is also conducting the recruitment and selection process for the positions of Attorney General and the Director for the Prosecution Office and it is anticipated that the process will be complete in 2016.