The Royal Thai Embassy conveying the scholarship opportunity provided by the National Center for Generic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) of Thailand, inviting suitable candidates to apply for either the fundamental course (3 months) or advanced course (6 months) for the year 2019
Scholarships are available in the following areas;
Fundamental Course (3 months)
- Analysis of bacterial whole genome sequence for control of tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Quorum sensing (OS) control of bacterial biofilm formation by plant and microbe extracts.
- In-vitro microrhizome induction in tumeric medicinal plant
- Disease-free turmeric plantlets derived from meristem culture of in-vitro techniques
- Structure-function relationships of a vegetative insecticidal protein (Vip3A) from Bacillus thuringiensis
Advanced Course (6 months)
- Identification and validation of drug targets in Plasmodium falciparum
- Screening and testing of fish pathogenic bacterial biofilm inhibitors from natural products
- Efficacy test of live attenuated vaccine against Vibrio harveyi infection in Asian sea bass (Lates calcarifer)
- Encapsulation of Spirulina protein hydrolysate for food/feed supplement
- Development of functional markers for agronomic important traits used for rice breeding
Specific Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicants must be scientists currently being employed in either public or private academic institute OR a governmental research organization in the list of eligible countries. Some courses are only opened to specific countries, so please check the detail in the available course section.
- The applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in sciences for application for a fundamental course and at least a Master’s degree in sciences for application for an advanced course. All applicants must have completed course work in biology, microbiology or any related areas that is required for particular training topics.
- The applicants must have good command of English.
- Must be able to attend the course, during;
4.1) Fundamental course: October 1 – December 25, 2019
4.2) Advanced course: October 1, 2019 – March 25, 2020
- Must not be older than 35 years of age as of October 1, 2019.
- Since the training is research-based and successful applicants will be working in the laboratories, the applicants must show on his/her application form that his/her current job involves research, not administrative work.
- Each selected grant recipient will be assigned to ONE of the available courses. Applicants will have to select only ONE course on the application form.
Each applicant should submit a completed application form along with an English university-transcript, full Curriculum Vitae, certificate of health and copy of passport (if any) in PDF format to email@example.com by July 15, 2019
For more information, please contact Ms Suphawadee Niamsoongnoen, International Cooperation Section, BIOTEC on telephone: +66 25646700 ext 3323 fax: +66 25646572 or through email address mentioned above