A 3 half days training on BASIC OFFICE ADMINISTRATION was held at the Samoa Shipping Corporation Conference Room on Monday 25th – Wednesday 27th September 2017. The training was conducted to enable public servants to learn new methods and techniques to equip them to better handle administration works within their offices.
Thirty participants invited from Government Ministries and State-Owned Enterprises were trained on office administration skills which will help improve their organisation’s core functions key themes including:
- Describing what office administration is and how they apply key principles to their works.
- Understanding different areas which cover in office administration work.
- Identifying some of the challenges faces with them in doing administration work in office.
- How better office administration service contributes to the success of the organization.
The majority of participants who attended the training included senior and officer levels whose line of work evolve around Administration and Human Resource area. Participants positively reflected on 3 half days learnt such as:
- The training provided an opportunity for them to broaden their understanding & knowledge on the roles perform by an administrator;
- The training also enables them to learn new skills in performing their work effectively in their workplaces;
- The training allowed discussions to share experiences in office administration;
- The training enabled them to the significant of their roles in achieving their respective offices strategic goals
Taulevā Luteru Togafau from the Samoa Water Authority in Savaii delivered a thank you speech on behalf of the participants. She acknowledged the Office of the Public Service Commission for the opportunity given to learn new knowledge and skills. She mentioned this training does help in building up their capacity performing office administration task. The new learning learned will be utilised in their line of work and will shared it to their work colleagues.
The Training was conducted by Angela Palu – Phineas (Principal Training & Development Consultant) with Faafetai Vaevaina (Principal Human Resource and Planning Officer).
During certificate presentations, Ms. Angela Palu – Phineas on behalf of Ms. Sarona Esera-Filipo, ACEO for the Human Resource and Development Division at PSC, congratulates the participants and acknowledge their participation during the training. She also acknowledged the continuous support from MNRE through GEF/ EWACC Project, NZAid & DFAT for making this training possible. Again, she encouraged the participants to value the new learning and applied it where necessary.