Applications are invited from Samoan citizens for the 2023 Open Category Scholarships for Full Time on campus studies and Part Time Distance and flexible learning (DFL). Studies are offered at institutions in Australia, the region and via DFL. Applicants must choose one mode of study i.e., DFL or On-campus. The awards are offered to citizens who are currently employed in the public or private sector.
Priority is given to studies that meet National HRD Priority needs and to those applicants who are able to demonstrate leadership ability and potential.
1. Applicant must request a new course of study and not seek support for a course already commenced;
2. Applicant must be applying for an upgrade of their highest qualification;
3. Categories of Study: On Campus studies for Undergraduate and Post Graduate studies and Distance Flexi Education (DFL) for Post Graduates only (Conditions apply)
4. Applicants wishing to apply for on-campus studies must apply online. The online portal is now open. Link for the online form: https://oasis.dfat.gov.au
5. Applicants wishing to apply for studies via Distance and Flexible Learning (DFL) should download forms from the PSC website https://www.psc.gov.ws
6. Samoan citizens holding citizenship of any other developed country (including American Samoa/USA, Australia) are ineligible to apply for Australia funded Awards. These citizens are eligible to apply for the Government of Samoa DFL Awards
7. Must be currently employed and have worked in Samoa for more than 2 years;
8. Must be residing in Samoa / have resided for a minimum of 2 consecutive years at the time of application
9. Must sign a Government Scholarship Bond prior to departure for study;
10. Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive notifications on the status of their applications.
11. Applications must include all the necessary attachments to be considered.
For more information, contact:
– Human Resource Development Division, (PSC)
Deadline for completed ONLINE forms, 11.59 pm, 29 April 2022.
Deadline for completed DFL forms must be submitted to the Office of the Public Service Commission no later than 4:00 pm, 29 April 2022.
EOI Form Samoa Open Scholarship
CV for Common Application
HRD Needs List
DFL Common Application Form