Applications are invited from Samoan citizens for the 2021 Open Category Scholarships for full time on campus studies and part time Distance and flexible learning (DFL). Studies are offered at institutions in Australia, the region and via DFL. Applicants must choose one mode of study i.e., DFL or On-campus. The awards are offered to citizens who are currently employed in the public or private sector.
Priority is given to studies that meet National HRD Priority needs and to those applicants who are able to demonstrate leadership ability and potential.
NZ Open Category Awards will be advertised separately. NUS Foundation Level students are not eligible to apply.
1. Applicant must request a new course of study and not seek support for a course already commenced;
2. Applicant must be applying for an upgrade of their highest qualification;
3. Categories of Study: Undergraduate studies , on campus Post Graduate, Distance Flexi Education (Conditions apply)
4. Applicants wishing to apply for on-campus studies must apply online. The online portal will open on 1st February 2020. Link for the online form : https://oasis.dfat.gov.au
5. Applicants wishing to apply for studies via Distance and Flexible Learning (DFL) should download forms from the PSC website
6. Samoan citizens holding citizenship of any other developed country (including American Samoa/USA, Australia) are ineligible to apply for Australia or New Zealand Government funded Awards. These citizens are eligible to apply for the Government of Samoa DFL Awards (GOS covers 95% of tuition fees plus book allowance).
7. Must be currently employed and have worked in Samoa for more than 2 years;
8. Must be residing in Samoa / have resided for a minimum of 2 consecutive years at the time of application
9. Must sign a Government Scholarship Bond prior to departure for study;
10. Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive notifications on the status of their application.
Download DFL Application Form (PDF)
Download EOI Application Form (PDF)
For more information, contact:
Human Resource Development Division, (PSC)
Deadline for completed online forms, 4:00 pm, 30 April 2020
Deadline for completed DFL forms must be submitted to the Office of the Public Service Commission no later than 4:00 pm, 30 April 2020