Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Global Leader Program
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is now accepting applications from Samoa Nationals to undertake Undergraduate/Master/Ph.D. studies in various fields under our SDGs Global Leader Program (previously known as Pacific – LEADs Program).
The purpose of this Program is to equip future Pacific Leaders with technical knowledge and skills necessary to deal with various development challenges facing PICs.
The Scholarships are for Undergraduate Level Study (offer only by Waseda University & Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University), Master Level Study (research or course work) and Ph.D. Level Study, to commence in August 2022. The duration of the Scholarships is no more than 4 years, depending on the program offered by Universities.
Under our SDGs Global Leadership Program, successful candidates will not only have the opportunity to experience living and studying in Japan, but they will also have the opportunity to advance their career, gain new knowledge and develop leadership skills in order to contribute effectively to the future development of Samoa. Make learning your lifelong goal and apply today.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPED OUT
1. Applicants must request a new course of study and not seek support for a course already commenced;
2. Applicants must be applying for an upgrade of their highest qualification;
3. Educational Background: Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for Postgraduate Programs. For Undergraduate Program, complete secondary education and 12 years or more of formal school education in total.
4. Less than forty (40) years old in principle (As of April 1st 2022)
5. Must be residing in Samoa / have resided for a minimum of 2 consecutive years at the time of application
6. Must sign a Government Scholarship Bond prior to departure for study
7. Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive notifications on the status of their application.
8. Applicants must not be receiving nor planning to receive another scholarship during the program.
Interested applicants MUST contact JICA Samoa Office by telephone 22572 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an Application Form and related documents
Deadline for Applications to be submitted to the Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC) no later than Monday 1st November 2021, 4:30 pm.