The Government of Japan, through the JICA Knowledge Co-Creation Program (Long-Term) is inviting applications from Samoan Nationals to undertake Master’s and PhD studies under the Agriculture Studies Networks for Food Security (Agri-Net) Program in the fields of;
- Agriculture and Rural Development Policy
- Sustainable Agricultural Production
- One Health
- Marine Resources/Fishery Development
- Food Value Chain
- Nature Conservation
APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPED OUT
- Applicants must belong to governmental organisations, universities and research centres or related organisations in private sector;
- Applicants must engage in the field related to Agriculture and Rural Development Policy, Sustainable Agricultural Production, One Health, Marine Resources/Fishery Development, Food Value Chain or Nature Conservation;
- Educational Background: Hold a Bachelor’s Degree for a Master’s Degree or hold a Master’s Degree for a Postgraduate Program.
- Must have adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the program.
- Must have five or more years of relevant working experience.
- Must have more than 6 months working experience at current employment.
- Application must be supported or endorsed by workplace to undertake studies.
- Must be less than forty (40) years old in principle (As of April 1st 2022)
- Must be in good health condition to complete the program.
- Must sign a Government Scholarship Bond prior to departure for study
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive notifications on the status of their application.
- Applicants must NOT be receiving nor planning to receive another scholarship during the program.
All interested applicants for the above-mentioned programs are required to uplift forms from either the JICA Office or the Public Service Commission Office. They can also download forms from the PSC website.
Deadline for application forms is Friday, 29th October 2021 at 4:00pm.