The Government of New Zealand is now inviting applications from Samoa for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships tenable in New Zealand for 2021. This scholarship is intended to foster and build potential leaders, as well as equipping individuals with skills and knowledge to benefit Samoa.
Study can be Postgraduate level (Masters or Doctorate degree).
Specific Eligibility Criteria:
– Must be a Samoan citizen
– Has strong academic ability, leadership qualities and committed to the development of Samoa
– Proposed study must align to Sectors relevant to the development of Samoa
– Age criteria for each level of study: Masters (less than 35 years) and Doctorate (less than 40 years)
– Has completed 12 months of full time or 24 months part-time work experience
– Must have resided in Samoa for 3 consecutive years at the time of application. The applicant (including parents or spouse) must reside permanently in Samoa.
– Previous scholarship holders must serve a two (2) year stand down period before applying.
All interested applicants can uplift the Application form from:
Human Resource Development Division
Public Service Commission
Government of Samoa
Level 2, FMFM II Government Building
All Scholarships recipients are required to enter into a bond with the Government of Samoa and return to Samoa upon completion of their scholarship. For more information regarding this Award, please contact our Office via telephone: 22123/22124
Deadline for submission of applications to the Public Service Commission, Level 2 FMFM II Government Building is: Tuesday 31st 2020 March at 4pm