The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Samoa is now accepting applications for the 2019 New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships. Two (2) scholarships are offered for study in New Zealand Commencing in February 2020 in either Masters or PHD level study. (PHD must be individuals actively engaged in research or tertiary level teaching)
Specific Eligibility Criteria.
- Must be a Samoan Citizen (NZ Dual citizenship are eligible)
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of scholarship commencement .
- Must be residing in Samoa/have resided for a minimum of two consecutive years at the time of application,
- Must have at least two years full time work experience relevant to preferred qualifications,
- Previous scholarship holders must have served out all Bond obligations to Government of Samoa at the time of the application,
- Priority will be given to Human Resource Development (HRD) needs for the development of Samoa
The deadline for Applications to be submitted to the Public Service Commission is 8 April 2019 at 4.00 pm
All Scholarship recipients are required to enter into a bond with the Government of Samoa and return to Samoa upon completion pf their scholarships.