Commission Holidays for Christmas 2012 and New Year 2013
The Office of the Public Service Commission hereby declares the Cabinet’s decision made on Wednesday 14th November 2012 in its meeting F.K. (12) 41.
The following dates are the approved Commission Holidays for Christmas 2012 and New Year 2013:
Thursday 27th December 2012
Friday 28th December 2012
Monday 31st December 2012
Thursday 3rd January 2012
Friday 4th January 2012
All Government Ministries and Offices will resume normal services on Monday 7th January 2013 at 9:00AM.
Government Ministries who are considered Essential Services will still be in operation during the Commission Holidays.
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry: Quarantine Services
Ministry of Health: Public Health Services
Ministry of the Prime Minister and Cabinet: Immigration Services
Ministry of Works, Transportation and Infrastructure: Land Transport Services
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment: Meteorology Services
Ministry for Revenue: Customs Services
Ministry of Finance: Budget and Payroll Services
Ministry of Communications and information Technology: National Radio 2AP Services
Update on Policy Changes!!
The Commission at its meetings on the 14th and 21st February 2012 approved amendments to the following determinations on Working Conditions and Entitlements.
· Determinations 13.A: Annual Leave
· Determination 13.B: Sick Leave
· Determination 13.G: Study Leave
· Determination 13.I Long Service Leave
PSC also issues Employment Instruction No. 21 on Project Staff . The changes are :
· All individuals, commonly referred to as Project Staff, employed on a “contract of service” basis to perform duties and responsibilities in projects undertaken by/ implemented in Government Ministries are henceforth to be classified as Term Employees and employed under the authority of the Public Service Act 2004;
· The establishment of all positions to be occupied by these term employees must be approved by the Public Service Commission and not otherwise. Their governance, remuneration, terms and conditions, accountabilities are to be aligned to those of similar positions within Ministries.