Roles & Functions
The Public Service Commission shall;
- Be responsible for;
- Human resource planning; and
- Human resource management policy; and
- Human resource monitoring and evaluation for the Public Service
- Have such other functions as may be provided by Act.
- In the performance of its functions, the Public Service Commission shall have regard to the general policy of Cabinet relating to the Public Service, and shall give effect to any decision of Cabinet defining that policy conveyed to the Commission in writing by the Prime Minister
- An Act of Parliament may designate as a special post any post of head of department or any post corresponding grade; and the Head of State, acting on the advice of the Cabinet after Cabinet has consulted the Public Service Commission, shall be responsible, in respect of any post so designated, for appointments, grading, salaries, promotions, transfers, retirements, terminations of appointments, dismissals and discipline.