This is our organisational structure in detail.
The Public Service Commission's Mandate derives from:
- Part VII of the Constitution of the Independent State of Samoa 1960
- Public Service Act 2004
- Ministerial Departmental Realignment Act 2003
- Strategy for the Development of Samoa, 2005 - 2007
- Publice Service Regulations 2004
- Public Service Determinations & Employment Instructions
- Public Service Policies & Procedures
- Cabinet Directives
Values & Principles
The Commission is proud of its service and reputation as being the central agency for HR Management and HR Professional Development in the Public Service. The Commission takes much pride in the professional approach, commitment and skills of its staff. We continue to combine these values with the traditional Samoan values to compliment the standard values for all Public Servants.
- Honesty - Acting honestly, being truthful and abiding by the laws of Samoa
- Impartiality - Providing impartial advice, acting without fear or favour and making decisions on their merits
- Service - Serving the people well, through faithful service to the Government
- Respect - Treating the people, the Government and colleagues with courtesy and respect
- Transparency - Taking actions and making decisions in an open way
- Accountability - Being able to explain the reasons for actions taken and taking responsibility for those actions
- Efficiency & Effectiveness - Achieving good results for Samoa in an economical way
Facilitate and enhance capability of Ministries to manage their human resources effectively and efficiently.
Public Service Commission has the capability to perform its mandated role as the Strategic Human Resource Adviser to Government and Ministries.
Ensure robust monitoring and evaluation as well as timely reporting on human resource management.
To enhance management of Senior Executives in the Public Service.
Ensure effective coordination and support for PASP implementation.
Facilitate Organizational Capability & Professional Development for Ministries to enhance Service Delivery.
Ensure that Samoan PSC contributes to regional development of Public Services.